Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fishing Outings

One day I was very bored after school. I was at home and looking for something to do. I noticed the weather was very mild that night. It was about 65 degrees and sunny. Fishing would be a great pass time. I hadn't fished in my pond at all this year so I thought I would give it a try. It usually takes a lot of warming up before the fish start biting in there so I wasn't expecting anythying too great. I tied on a samll jig with a twister tail and made my first cast. I was realing in my line and all of a sudden I saw and felt something swipe at my lure. I didn't catch the fish, but it was a good sign. I knew that it was most likely a curious little bluegil that didn't have a big enough mouth for the hook. This gave me hope for the rest of my time out there. I made a few more casts and the same thing kept happening. I wasn't getting any solid bites. Then, after about 10 minutes, something awesome happened. I was realing in my lure and it was fairly close to the top of the water so I was able to see it. It got about 4 feet from me and then all of a sudden I saw this big flash. It was a big crapie! It latched onto my lure, and took me by complete surprise. This was the only fish I caught that day because I only made I few more casts feeling quite satisfied with just that fish. Another fishing outing I want to share with you all is one that I didn't participate in. My uncle went down to Lake Mcbride two nights ago. I couldn't go because I was working. I was disappointed, but I knew there would be other times. Anyway he discovered that the crapie were spawning. He caught 15 that night. This is good news for me because that is my favorite time to go to the lake. You can easily catch about 20 fish when this is happening. This provides for an extra special and exciting time. Those are a couple of the latest fishing outings this spring.

No comments: