Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Work Experience

I got a job at a new chinese restaurant called Jaimen about two months ago. I had been previously keeping an eye out for a job that would suit my interests. This was a good choice for a couple reasons. First, It was fairly close to my house and school. This makes transportation very economical and less time consuming. Second, I have been intriged by the restaurant business for a while and wanted to see how it all worked. Third, it will give me some needed money for next year when I leave for college. I am thankful for getting the job becuase they are hard to come by nowadays with the United State's economy the way it is. I was lucky that they were hiring when I turned my application in, and got an on-the-spot interview. I was hired right away. Now that I have the job I have a few thoughts on it. I work as a buss-boy, or server assistant as they like to call them. I help the servers clean up their tables and set them after their guests leave. On occasion, I do other jobs such as wash the windows, make drinks, run food, and much more. The work can sometimes be stressful when you have 3 different servers asking you to go do something for them. You are also on your feet for a great deal of time on each shift. This tends to get tiring after a while, but in the end it's not bad work. The food there is absolutely amazing. It is gormet chinese food. The chefs are all from China so it is authentic as well. They do a great job in making it look good as well as taste good. There is only one thing that I have heard people complain about. Since it is a fine dining establishment the prices tend to be a little higher than other places that Iowans are used to. I think it is worth every penny because we try and provide the best service around, and the food is incredible. That is a little about my new work experience.

No comments: