Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Prom

Prom is a day that most people remember for the rest of their lives. It was no different for me. I had one of the best nights of my live that I can remember. Here's how it went down. First, I picked up my date and we headed over to a friends house for pictures. There were about 20 people there. After we got done taking pictures, it was time to head to school for grand march. If you don't know what grand march is, it's where all the seniors and their dates walk and get their pictures taken. It is also where the crowning of the king and queen of prom takes place. To be considered for one of these you must be voted into the top seven by the entire senior class. Then the seniors get to vote on a king and queen out of these seven people. I was lucky enough to be in the top seven. We walked out onto the stage awaiting the crowning. We were all very anxious to see who it would be. I personally thought that I had no chance. All of a sudden I felt something on my head. It was the crown! I was absolutely speechless. I could not believe the crown was actually on my head. It was like a childhood dream come true. I am very grateful to all of my classmates for picking me. Anyway, enough about that. After grand march we went to Elmcrest Country Club to get more pictures, eat, and dance. The food was very good as well as the dance. The DJ played a lot of good songs and there was always enough to drink when you got tired of dancing. After the dance we went to post prom at the bowling alley. This was also a very good time because there was food, bowling, and even a hypnotist. The night ended very early in the morning the next day. Prom is supposed to be something you will remember forever. The memories from that night will be with me and bring a pleasant smile to my face.

No comments: