Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Showdown




There is a new product from Nature Vision called the Showdown. It is a digital ice fishing fish finder. It does the same thing that a Vexlar does, but has more advanced technology. Instead of a confusing circle graph like the Vexlar has, the Showdown has a vertical display which allows you to view the water column like it is below you. It is much easier to read than the vexlar. The top of the display is 0 ft. and the bottom is the bottom of the water column. Another advantage of the Showdown is its size. It takes up much less space than the traditional Vexlar so it is great for use in a tent. Another great feature on this device is its quiet operation. The Vexlar has noisy motors that can be annoying while trying to enjoy the peaceful outdoor atmosphere. The Showdown is also very easy to use for people who are new to the fish finder era. The main reason I'm telling you this information is because my birthday was two days ago and I am getting this for my birthday. I have personally used the Vexlar and thought it was somewhat confusing to read the circular display. I am excited to see how the new Showdown works and hopefully it will help me catch more fish!

No comments: