Saturday, January 10, 2009

More Snow and Fishing

Last night Cedar Rapids received another bucket load of snow. I must admit it was very nice waking up to a white heaven, but those feelings didn't last long. My dad calls into my room, "Get up! It's time to do some shoveling." At that point I wasn't very happy, but a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. So I put on my clothes and made my way outside. I know no one likes shoveling, but that's all part of living in the state of Iowa. You never know when you will wake up to more of the white stuff outside. Looking at the bright side, I don't have anything going on today so it might be a good time to get in some fishing time. The fishing report for Lake Mcbride from the Iowa Department of Natural Resources says that small bluegills are plentiful, but the crappie are hit and miss. It also says the larger fish are being caught in deeper brush and drop off points. I don't think I will have time to drive all the way down there today so I will most likely try a closer spot that produced some good fishing last year. This is located off Blairsferry Road on the way to Palo. I call it the Greenbelt. This is decent backwater river fishing. It is fairly deep and has a number of trees that provide nice cover for the fish. The weather is supposed to be somewhat nice today and hopefully the fish think so too. Wish me luck!

No comments: