Saturday, March 28, 2009

Nashville

As you all already know I am a part of the show choir at Kennedy called Happiness Inc. During the first part of spring break we went to a national competition in Nashville, Tennessee. I want to share some of our experiences with you in case you ever want to travel there. We headed to the buses at 2:00 in the morning on the Thursday before spring break. It takes around 12 hours to get to the destination. We arrived in Nashville in the early afternoon. Our hotel blew most of us away when we first saw it. Personally it was most likely the biggest hotel I had ever seen. It's called the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. The hotel was one of the neatest things we got to experience on the trip. It looked like a jungle on the inside with trees, a river, and waterfalls. The hotel also had a bunch of restaurants to chose from. I ate at a place in the middle of the hotel that was quite expensive, but very nice. They served sushi there and it was quite delicious. I ended up eating there again before we left. The show choir competition was held at the Grand Ole Opry House. This is a famous theatre that the most well known country superstars perform at. It was an honor to be able to perform on that stage. The results of the competition were not the most favorable considering how we were doing prior. We got 5th place which is still great, but I think most of the people in our group were to do a little better. Nonetheless we still had an awesome time, and I hope I get to go back to music city again someday!

No comments: