Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Break

Spring break is a time for students to relax one last time before summer starts. It is almost over now, but I can tell you that it has been a great time for me. A few days ago my friend and I got the urge to go camping. We haven't been in a long time, and it sounded like a great idea. We knew it was going to be a cold night so we made sure to bring plenty of warm clothes. We packed up all our things and headed out to the campsite. It was located by the Wapsi River. This river has been good fishing for me over the years. I wanted to go fishing that night, but we didn't have enough time or daylight. The dinner that consisted of fish and beans. The fish was frozen from the fall, and it was about time to make a meal out of it. We put the fillets in a tin foil pouch along with butter and seasonings. The fire cooked the fish perfectly, and it was an awesome meal in a rugged place. The beans were also very good warmed by the fire. It was a very nice meal for us campers. With those tin foil pouches, you can put whatever you want in them and it will most likely taste good. Anyway, the fire was our source of heat. Without it I don't know how long we would have lasted out there. Our tent was filled with blankets and we were huddled in our sleeping bags like burritos. I must say it did get quite cold in the middle of the night, but I would rather have it be cold than hot. Atleast that way you can always put more blankets on. We had a few friends stop by and hang out for a while, and it was a good time. Iowa is filled with great camping opportunities. We did our part in keeping them that way by cleaning up after ourselves. Hopefully you will do the same on you next outing. Have fun and be safe.

No comments: