Thursday, February 12, 2009

Blogging

I have a number of different views about blogging. First off, I would like to say that it is usually fun. I like being able to express myself in a journal kind of format. I especially like sharing information about the outdoors. It comes natural to me and it's fairly easy to write about. It is also nice to be able to write about other topics that interest me. I don't always have to stick to the blog topic and that is good when I can't think of anything to write about. It is also cool to look back at early posts and see how I have progressed as a writer. There is one thing in particular that I do not like about blogging. My opinion is that we have to write too many posts per week. Three posts is a lot because I have a lot going on every week. For example, I have show choir practice, work, musical practice, and show choir competitions on the weekends. Add in some homework every night and I don't see a whole lot of extra time to write three blogs every week. Even if we just cut the amount of posts down by one it would help a lot. Two posts a week is much more reasonable, and would help the busy students out a great deal. I agree witht the word count restriction because if you didn't have one then peopel would just write a few sentences and call it good. It also makes it fair so some students don't end up doing more than others. Besides the number of posts, I think blogging is a great way for students to practice writing skills that will be useful in the future.

No comments: